Friday, March 26, 2010

Magwyn

I've been wanting to post this for months, but first it was a Christmas present for the family, and then I decided it needed more work. So I've finally got it done to my satisfaction (or as close I get to it), and have put it back on the wall. I used the trace and transfer method of this, and did most of it in a fit of inspiration. Took about four hours to get the bulk of it done, then probably that much again to tweak it. The victory? Maggie didn't like the picture of herself, but loves the painting. ☺ Happy sister.
Learned how to do eyes on this one.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I love this one! I loved it when I saw it half done and I love it even more finished. It captures Maggie beautifully. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

Possibly your best piece yet. A striking resemblance of a woman I know. : )

Anonymous said...

Beautiful.